GRI 2-7; 3-3; 401-1
Our employees are highly qualified and committed to Sanitas' purpose. Therefore, we offer the best customer service. This is thanks to the daily work of many people who give their very best every day so that we can continue being a leader in the healthcare sector.
The commitment of an entire team
GRI 3-3; 401-1
Excellence and professional standards
Sanitas employees always work to the highest professional standards to make our leadership in digital medicine and first-line healthcare possible.
With respect to employment, we continue to see good numbers in 2022. We are proud to have a total workforce of 11,768 people.
Digital support for a better connection
Our employees have a wide range of digital platforms to make their work more convenient and easier and help them stay better connected. We also have a number of digital tools that improve communication between the company and its employees, and also between colleagues throughout the Bupa group.
- Somos Sanitas App. The app used by Sanitas employees to make transactions or send queries: from seeing their payslips to requesting holidays.
- Workvivo. A digital platform shared by the entire Bupa group that facilitates communication between employees worldwide regardless of their language.
Working conditions in line with the excellence of our employee
GRI 2-30; GRI 401-2
In terms of attracting and retaining talent, and according to the Merco Talento corporate reputation monitor, Sanitas ranks first in the healthcare sector and 15th in overall ranking. Sanitas is also included as one of the Forbes 75 best companies to work for.
This success is closely related to the creation of a healthy work environment and very good working conditions for employees.
- 90% of employees have an open-ended contract and 100% of the workforce is covered by a collective bargaining agreement. In addition, the company and union representatives of the employees at Sanitas SA de Seguros have reached an agreement on the remote work system in order to adapt and define certain points of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and other regulations on remote work.
- In addition to the fixed salary, there are also a number of benefits depending on the segment and the circumstances.
- Life insurance and temporary disability benefit
- Flexible compensation system with tax advantages
- Health promotion through the Sanitas Smile programme
- Funeral and healthcare insurance
- Pension scheme
Health and safety at work place
GRI 3-3; GRI 403-1; GRI 403-6
At Sanitas, we have developed internal policies in order to guarantee a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees.
We comply with the highest standards in occupational risk prevention throughout the company. In fact, the CEO is primarily responsible for occupational health and safety issues.
Employment policies cover all areas and recommendations and include the following: occupational safety and risk prevention, occupational health, safety plans, assault and harassment prevention, and also talent and training.
These commitments, together with the highest standards result in a very high employee satisfaction rate. In 2022, we improved our score compared to the previous year: 84 out of 100. For the same reason, we have a low absenteeism rate.
A supportive team
Our employees are very supportive and have created and spearheaded various social initiatives:
- A micro-donation programme to raise money for worthy causes throughout the year
- Initiatives, such as garbage collection or tree planting aimed at improving the health of the planet and increasing social awareness of the relationship between the environment and society.